Episode 227 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
In this episode of the CMP, musings on life balance and creative time and energy, plus a look at a book on Horace Pippin, written by Jen Bryant and illustrated by Melissa Sweet.
I held this episode for a while after recording because it felt awkward. At the time, I was caught up in these shifting circles. I figured many of you would listen and jump to different conclusions about what these circles are. Ultimately, nothing changed. The circle that had flared into the realm of possibility flickered out.
Thinking about circles and balance of time and energy, however, is timeless.
The Flow of Episode 227 (and relevant links):
- J.M. Barrie quote
- Peter Pan
- A Splash of Red: The Life and Art of Horace Pippin
- Pippins’ Story
- Thiebaud’s Cake Math (elementary version)
- Thiebaud’s Cake Math (intermediate version)
- Lessons & Activities (Van Gogh, Paul Gaugin, Judith Leyster, and Andy Warhol)
- Jen Bryant (author)
- Melissa Sweet (illustrator)
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page