Episode 244 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
In this episode of the CMP, thinking about creative teens and my own perpetual “out of age” feeling, going through a few recent sketchbooks with my mom, thoughts on doing a daily challenge and how it differs from working on single works over time, and an important message about loving what you do. I was away in June, and I recorded the bulk of this show with a handheld recorder. It may sound a bit different than when I record at home, but it gave me the chance to get these thoughts locked in–in real time. Love that!
(Yes, I do mention a “dead cat” in this show, and it’s true, that is what the cover I needed is called. I have one now, so we will see in the future if it makes a difference for portable recordings!)
The Flow of Episode 244 (and relevant links):
- It came, it came, it came! (This is really the mantra of this one)
- Recognize that you won’t love “every” piece you make equally during a daily challenge, and that’s okay!
- Give yourself permission to love what you do. (It is OKAY to love what you do! We don’t get told this enough.)
- 2017 Index-Card-a-Day Challenge (a June/July, 61-day challenge run by Tammy at Daisy Yellow)
- Sign up for the 2017 ICAD Facebook group on the Daisy Yellow site (signup closes July 4, 2017)
- Look back on the first four weeks of ICAD: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page (the first Patreon-subscriber newsletter went out last week)