Episode 245 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
In this episode of the CMP, rebounding from a creative trip home, memories forming a stringlike structure like a string ball, drawing ICAD #1 on the plane and a conversation with a flight attendant, the importance of Sktchy on the trip, a half-hearted attempt to document our many games of cards, my mom and I got a touch of rainbow hair, birthday lists, the “faces” of the new Anne with an E, and more. Plus, a shout out for a graphic novel, Jane, the Fox, and Me.
The Flow of Episode 245 (and relevant links):
- String balls (I haven’t ever made one, but this image came so strongly to mind when I was thinking of the threads of recent weeks… and of everything, really. I look at these balls very differently now… All you need is glue, a balloon, and string.)
- More string balls on one of many, many, many Pinterest pages (scroll down and view the wide range below this one)
- Search on “twine orbs” or “twine spheres” to pull up even more examples
- I started ICAD 2017 on the plane and talked with the flight attendant about drawing, and practice, and the reality that anyone can draw.
- Watching Anne with an E and plans to go back and draw the characters (Marila captivates me) [note: this is a grittier-than-most retelling of this story]
- A little dab of documentation and data (which makes me want to go back to my daily tracking!) — For more on personal documentation, backtrack to Episode 176 and Episode 220.
- Sktchy app (a wonderful community of people drawing and painting and people sharing their photos to be drawn/painted)
- Jane, the Fox, and Me (graphic novel)
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page