Episode 364 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast
In this episode of the CMP, advocation for a birthday day list, a list of things that have meaning for you and that you want to do, with intent, on your birthday. These can be very simple things, but doing them with intent can give them and the whole day added meaning and help you embody the day in ways that are fulfilling. Making this list is a way of being proactive and creating the kind of day you want rather than leaving it up to the universe. If your list also has the same number of items as your year, it can be fun. (It can also be difficult!) But consider the merits of making a list the next time your birthday rolls around.
Plus, this show kicks off with information about Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I am loving the audio version of this book so much! The audio is read by multiple people, so there is a beautiful layering of voice and story, memory and perspective. See below for some additional information about the book.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (book | audio)
- A Rock Band Novel — and a Snapshot of the Bell-Bottomed 1970s (New York Times)
- Taylor Jenkins Reid: ‘1970s rock is a fun space to tell a story in’ (Kathryn Bromwich, The Guardian)
- ‘Daisy Jones’ reads like guilty-pleasure television. (Washington Post)
- Modern Mrs. Darcy: Daisy Jones and the Six
- Fleetwood Mac / Rumors (CD)
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page
- oamyoamy at Instagram
- Try Creative Bug with the Living a More Creative Life: 30 Ways in 30 Days class
“If your birthday is a day that might otherwise end up on the disappointing end of the spectrum if you just leave it to the universe, I advocate being proactive. Set up some lamp posts for the day that will help keep you anchored …. help YOU celebrate in a way that has meaning for you.”