Episode 366 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — Imagine a Forest (plus, Ukulele!)
In this episode of the CMP, time with a ukulele and the Imagine a Forest book by Dinara Mirtalipova.
The ukulele is a continuation of the discussion in the last show (Episode 365) and something checked off my list far sooner than I expected! I drove myself (and everyone else) a bit crazy trying to justify things, doing my research, and, ultimately, settling for something that made sense rather than what I really wanted. But now I am having a lot of fun exploring, playing a bit each day, and just letting myself be a beginner!
I really enjoyed the Imagine a Forest book and am having a great time interweaving flowers and leaves with my other drawings. I think you will find a lot to like in this book. In addition to inspiring you to add more folk art-style elements to your work, this book might inspire you to spend some time carving a stamp or two as well. And, if you are like me, you will have to draw a griffin.
Note: There is a short followup show that continues the discussion of Imagine a Forest that will be available shortly for those at Patreon who get the extra shows. Thank you to those of you who support the CMP there.
Mentioned in Episode 366 / Imagine a Forest (plus, ukulele!):
- Imagine a Forest (book)
- Episode 365: Fifty Before Fifty
- Some of the Ukulele channels I have been watching:
- Browse the zillion ukuleles at Amazon (like I did)
Interested in Postcards?
Your purchase of postcards helps support the CMP — you get fun art you can use, and your purchase helps support the show. Learn more about Series 2 postcards.
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- Patreon page
- oamyoamy at Instagram
- Try Creative Bug with the Living a More Creative Life: 30 Ways in 30 Days class
- Try Trello! I am a BIG Trello fan at the free level. If you haven’t tried it, please use my link to give it a try. (Down the road, it might help me get a free month or so of the paid level.)