Episode 374 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — self-portraits, soup, holiday movies, weekly creative projects, and more.
In this episode of the CMP, weekly creative challenges and the current weekly self-portrait (in my 50 Before 50 journal), re-watching “Gilmore Girls” (part of my 50 Before 50 list), randomly watching holiday movies that come up featured at Netflix (before I start rewatching some of the movies on my annual holiday watching list), and an unexpected detour (inspired by Soup Club) into thoughts on soup, a year of soup and, specifically, the possibility of 52 weeks of soup.
In addition, some random notes from my book stamp, including carved stamps and stamping, Drawing Comics Lab, and other titles that make up the ever-changing pile. (The pile itself is a comfort, even when I don’t make enough time to sit and look through the books.)
P.S. The day after I recorded this show, I made muffins and thought, “Muffins! Muffins would be more doable than soup!” There may be some validity to that. I’m still thinking about soup. That the lid to my crockpot “flew” off the stove this week when I was dishing chili was a strange turn of events. (The handle on the top of the lid broke off.) It really was an odd moment in sequence with having hypothesized about a year of soup (mostly using the crockpot). Funny how things happen and how often saying something out loud can be really clarifying.
Referenced in this Episode:
- Episode 349 about Ladies Drawing Night
- Episode 287: All But One (at the end of 2017, after a year of daily drawing)
- Episode 365: 50 Before 50 (the touchstone episode for much of what I am doing this year)
- Episode 290: Panning for Gold (a show for New Year planning and perspective)
- All Before Coffee
- Carve, Stamp, Play
- Drawing Comics Lab
- Making Comics (Scott McCloud)
- Syllabus (Lynda Barry)
- Making Comics (Lynda Barry)
- Soup Club
- Nature Anatomy (and Farm Anatomy and Food Anatomy)
Soup Books I’ll Be Checking for “Possible” To-Make Soups
- Soup & Comfort: A Cookbook of Homemade Recipes to Warm the Soul
- Superfood Soups: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Plant-based Recipes (Julie Morris’s Superfoods)
- Vegetable Soups from Deborah Madison’s Kitchen