It’s that time of year where plenty of list-making and deal-hunting is happening. At some point in the process, I had a sharp moment of nostalgia for the LEGO years. I enjoyed those immensely, and I hate that the boys didn’t hold onto interests that would still make LEGO-buying a thing. But beyond my own kids, I have always loved giving and receiving a “to do” gift. There are so many wonderful to-do-oriented kits available today for kids to make, create, and innovate.
I haven’t seen any of these in person, but as I ran across a few of these fun, colorful, creative kits, I thought I’d pull some onto a list in case you are out there looking for simple, out-of-the-box (but in-the-box) kits and projects for kids in your family this holiday season. These rainbow, unicorn, and string-oriented ideas might spark your curiosity or send you on a pathway you hadn’t thought of before, but one that could bring hours of creative inspiration and empowerment to the young people in your life.
There are many, many more great options out there, so be sure and browse. I hope a “to do” is on your own wish list, too, but maybe a more grown-up variety!
Simple creative and craft-oriented gift ideas for holiday giving:
- Unicorn projects kit
- Unicorn String Art
- Yarn Giraffes
- Llamas Projects
- Design a Superhero Cape
- Rainbows Craft Kit
- Woodlands Animals Sewing Kit
- Craft-tastic – Yarn Tree Kit (it says it is a jewelry holder, but the string art wrapping yields a whimsical tree)
- Craft Crush – Thread Bowls Kit
- Loopdedoo – DIY Friendship Bracelet Maker Kit – Make Bracelets in Minutes
- Loopdeloom – Weaving Loom
- TS Yuniku Pop Beads For Kids 550 Pieces
- Unicorn Purse – Create A No Sew Fabric Unicorn Bag
- Li’l-Gen Rock & Magnet Tile Arts and Crafts Kit for Kids
- Magnet Tiles Building Blocks
- Create Your Own Personalized Tumbler for Girls with Color-In Designs!
- Yileqi Make Your Own Vase and Flowers, Fun DIY Art and Craft Kit for Kids
Links above are Amazon.com affiliate links. I make a very small percentage for sales resulting from these links.