Episode 417 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — the value of a creative habit and the normalcy it can provide.
In this episode of the CMP, a long and challenging week that culminated in a Saturday morning that echoes many other such days before. And after that….. I recorded a podcast. And I drew. And then I drew with friends — at least online I had a way (and the flexibility) to tap into a few moments of normalcy with others.
The discussion in this show centers around the ways in which your creative habits can be incredibly powerful for self-care, for balancing, and for helping your move forward in each day, no matter what the day holds.
The drawing I started while recording this show was this inspiration pick from Sktchy.
Mentioned in this Episode (or Related)
- Uni-Gel Alpha Shaker pencil (mine is listed as “slightly firm” – but it’s super cushy; they do come in other softness/hardness ratings. I really do love this shaker!)
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Block Eraser, Large, White (these things disappear like socks; you can never have too many white erasers lying around)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook (what I’m using for regular drawing)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook — the REALLY big one — A3 (11.75″ x 16.5″)
- Micron Pens
- Sktchy app for inspiration photos
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud
- Patreon page – support the CMP and get access to some special things
- Buy me a Coffee with Ko-Fi
- Amazon wishlist
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- oamyoamy at Instagram
- Try Creative Bug with the Living a More Creative Life: 30 Ways in 30 Days class
- Try Trello