Episode 421 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — I’m feeling a bit whiny, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t draw…. in fact, drawing is one of the few things that is keeping me calm
In this episode of the CMP, the whiny days are sometimes the days I most benefit from drawing. The drawing slows me down, settles my breathing, quiets my hand and head. Whiny days happen, and rants like “the Universe hates me” aren’t unfamiliar in my house. (To be fair, I note that “the Universe speaks to me” with some regularity, too….. and I try and listen when that happens.) We laugh, and then we go on, one foot in front of the other.
Personal strength is something you see as difficult days mount up, crescendo, and threaten to overwhelm. The days may unfold or they may tumble in an avalanche, and only as you stand in the face of the spillage do you really see your own inner core and resolve. You have this within you.
But it doesn’t mean you might not also be whiny.
Draw Along Timed Drawing
The drawing I started while recording this show was this inspiration pick from Sktchy.
The little boy inspiration pick I mentioned is this one. I drew it a day or so later and really enjoyed the process and the challenge.
Mentioned in this Episode (or Related)
- Uni-Gel Alpha Shaker pencil (mine is listed as “slightly firm” – but it’s super cushy; they do come in other softness/hardness ratings. I really do love this shaker!)
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Block Eraser, Large, White (these things disappear like socks; you can never have too many white erasers lying around)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook (what I’m using for regular drawing)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook — the REALLY big one — A3 (11.75″ x 16.5″)
- Micron Pens
- Sktchy app for inspiration photos
- Zebra Fudes (good for filling in)
- Pentel Fudes
- Micron 08 (larger nib good for thicker lines or filling in small-medium spaces)
- Micron 01 (favorite for drawing)
- Micron Sampler (6 count)
- Patreon page – support the CMP and get access to some special things
- Buy me a Coffee with Ko-Fi
- Amazon wishlist
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- oamyoamy at Instagram
- Try Creative Bug with the Living a More Creative Life: 30 Ways in 30 Days class
- Try Trello
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud