Episode 435 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — Hello, 2021, a creative new year, and a look back at the 60 shows of 2020
This episode ended up an unplanned standalone. I had some technical problems with the recording, and I didn’t realize until I had finished. (Always the worst!). I already knew the show might be much, much too long. So, these opening notes ended up standing alone, the hopes and wishes for a new year threaded and woven with the farewell poem found in the show titles from the sixty episodes of the Creativity Matters Podcast in 2020.
I didn’t ever really think about “not” doing the CMP in 2020. But there was some degree of pause, a holding of breath maybe, early on when my space, timing, and “access” to my own room with a door completely changed. With the rug pulled out from under me, and the couch my new home, I can see, looking back, that the CMP might really not have happened last year. I am glad it did. I am glad that the tissue boxes worked. I never did buy anything or replace anything, but I gradually settled into a setup and a system of Saturday and Sunday morning recording. That there were 60 shows…. says a lot. Thank you for listening.
In this episode, some start where you are reminders. I had a really disappointing experience with an ink-filling video I recorded last month. I had planned to do that one and then a new one for the new year to show off some inks. I think the first one is destined for the trash folder, and I finally gave in and filled inks this week. But, I learned a few things. I may have just learned what I can’t do at this point. But, we’ll see.
I will be continuing #illustrateyourweek in 2021. For January, I have posted a simplified set of prompts. This set combines the daily prompts and scavenger list into one free-form list you can use however you choose. You will find more information (explanation, strategy, approach, and more) at Instagram.
Listen to Episode 435
This episode is available in many of your favorite podcast players or via the YouTube video (audio only) below. I hope you will follow (subscribe) at YouTube, too. The video format makes it easy to pull the podcast up here on the site or in your YouTube app.
Mentioned in this Episode (or Related)
- Notes on large format sketchbooks
- ROYGBIV supplies: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
- Uni-Gel Alpha Shaker pencil (mine is listed as “slightly firm” – but it’s super cushy; they do come in other softness/hardness ratings. I really do love this shaker!)
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Block Eraser, Large, White (these things disappear like socks; you can never have too many white erasers lying around)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook (what I’m using for regular drawing and my illustrated journal)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook — the REALLY big one — A3 (11.75″ x 16.5″)
- Platinum Carbon Black ink (what’s in my fountain pen)
- Sktchy app for inspiration photos
- Micron 08 (larger nib good for thicker lines or filling in small-medium spaces)
- Micron 01 (favorite for drawing)
- Micron Sampler
- Patreon page – support the CMP and get access to some special things
- Buy me a Coffee with Ko-Fi
- Start your shopping at Amazon here
- Amazon wishlist
- Start your shopping at Amazon with a CMP link
- Creativity Matters at YouTube (please follow!)
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- oamyoamy at Instagram
- Creativity Matters Podcast at Instagram
- Try Creative Bug with the Living a More Creative Life: 30 Ways in 30 Days class
- Try Trello
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud