Episode 457 of the CMP, a Creativity Matters Podcast — Snow Globes All Around
*** There are audio issues. Partly it is ambient street noise out the window, and partly it sounds like I’m having a microphone issue. I wish this show, more than any other, was perfect and soft and flawless, like snowflakes falling. Sadly, it has some issues and far too much traffic passing by!
Episode 457 is full of snow globe talk. What would be in a snow globe for you? If you could pick the scene, the moment, the stack of memories to layer into the snow globe, what would they be?
Flashback moments from:
- Episode 343: A Cup of Coffee (2018)
- Episode 28 (2006) [not currently available] – Can you hear the bell?
- Episode 318: A Moment of Perfect (2018)
In this episode, a half hour of quiet talk and the idea of a snow globe. Plus,
- Love the Coopers and Family Stone – Diane Keaton movies and a snow globe intro and vision
- A story to be written (that came out of these notes and NaNoWriMo 2021)
- What scene would be in your snow globe?
- Quotes on snow and snow globes
There is irony in the fact that I mentioned looking into the windows of an antique store a few years ago and seeing a snow globe. I had forgotten that once we went in, I looked at it and held it and even took some photos. I ended up in front of that store today, completely by chance, and I again saw the vintage jewelry trees in the window. When I sat down to make the image for the episode tonight, I looked back through the photos, and there was a whole sequence of me holding the snow globe. Serendipity!
If you missed Episode 456, it has (near the end) a list of nudges for drawing, recording, documentation, and journaling in December.
2022 is coming, and I hope you will consider exploring illustrated journaling in the new year.
- I am on Day 43 now of the 100 day dress challenge and don’t think I’ll ever look back.
- I am aware the site is (still basically) broken. Sorry.
- I am still loving the white lights – so much!
- I am still planning to do an “embroidery journal” next year.
- After listening to Becoming Mrs. Lewis (about Joy Davidman and C.S. Lewis), I started Once Upon a Wardrobe. It is magical in the telling.
- I would really like to be part of a bookclub next year. I so often add books that sound great to my “to read” list (or TBR), and I think, “I’d like to read that with others.”
Thank you for listening to the CMP. This is most likely the last show of 2021. I appreciate you listening.
Support the CMP
If you enjoy the podcast, I hope you will consider showing support of the Creativity Matters Podcast, I encourage you to consider:
Thank you to those of you who have supported the CMP, just as you support other creators and sources of inspiration and guidance when you buy books, sign up for paid workshops and classes, and purchase small works of art from the artists you follow. Support from some of you through the years has made the show possible.
Follow at Instagram and YouTube
Please consider following:
- OamyOamy (where I share my art)
- Creativity Matters Podcast (show information and #illustrateyourweek, #inktoportraits, and other challenges)
New to the CMP? Here are a few shows you might try:
- Gratitude Cup (455)
- Five Minutes (454)
- Summer Series (445)
- When You Want to Quit (440)
- Panning for Gold (290)
- Red Sun (257)
- Here (319)
- Find a Penny (298)
- Teapots in a Tree (383)
- Slice of Life Contour (356)
- Olive Jars (436)
- Love What You Do (244)
- Illustrated Journal (367)
- The Moments within the Moments (197)
- Scroll Your Feed (362)
- View all podcasts
Listen to Episode 457
(This episode is available in many of your favorite podcast players.)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook (what I WAS using for regular drawing and my illustrated journal)
- Moleskine Art Sketchbook (the REALLY big one — A3 (11.75″ x 16.5″ — I am now using this for my illustrated journal)
- Preppy Fountains Pen 02 – this is one of the best starter/inexpensive fountain pens you can buy!
- Preppy Fountain Pens 03 (multi set)
- Lamy Safari – always a good choice
- TWSBI Eco – my favorite fountain pen in the starter range (although I love my TWSBI Iris Vac even more)
- Dip Pen holder I’ve been using (with maru nibs)
- PILOT Iroshizuku Bottled Fountain Pen Ink (multiple color options)
- Diamine Fountain Pen Ink (multiple)
- Noodler’s Fountain Pen Ink (multiple)
- Monteverde Fountain Pen Ink (multiple)
- Colorverse Fountain Pen Ink (multiple)
- Platinum Carbon Black ink (what’s in my fountain pen)
- Sktchy app for inspiration photos
- Micron 08 (larger nib good for thicker lines or filling in small-medium spaces)
- Micron 01 (favorite for drawing)
- Micron Sampler
- Notes on large format sketchbooks
- ROYGBIV supplies: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
- Uni-Gel Alpha Shaker pencil (mine is listed as “slightly firm” – but it’s super cushy; they do come in other softness/hardness ratings. I really do love this shaker!)
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Block Eraser, Large, White (these things disappear like socks; you can never have too many white erasers lying around)
- Patreon page – support the CMP and get access to some special things
- Buy me a Coffee with Ko-Fi
- Start your shopping at Amazon here
- Amazon wishlist
- Start your shopping at Amazon with a CMP link
- Creativity Matters at YouTube (please follow!)
- Creativity Matters Group at Facebook
- oamyoamy at Instagram
- Creativity Matters Podcast at Instagram
- Try Creative Bug with the Living a More Creative Life: 30 Ways in 30 Days class
- Guitar music: Nicholai Heidlas on SoundCloud